According to a new poll, more Americans than ever are supporting the nationwide legalization of recreational cannabis.
The Center for American Progress, who compiled the data from the poll, announced that for the first time in U.S. history, majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independent voters back legalization.
The poll, which was completed by 1,000 registered American voters, also revealed that nearly 3/4 of all respondents believe that the historical records of non-violent cannabis offenders should be waived.
The breakdown of statistics from the poll reads as follows:
- 68% of respondents support the legalization of recreational cannabis
- 75% of Democrat voters support legalization of recreational cannabis
- 66% of Republican voters support legalization of recreational cannabis
- 61% of Independent voters support legalization of recreational cannabis
- 73% of respondents support waiving historical records of non-violent cannabis offenders
- 58% of respondents would be more likely to vote for a congressional candidate who believed in recreational cannabis legalization
Earlier this week, neighbours to the North Canada, announced that nationwide recreational cannabis legalization will come into effect in October of this year.
The U.S. currently have 9 states where recreational cannabis is legal in some form. However, wholesale recreational changes are unlikely to occur under the Trump administration, who firmly believe that only medicinal cannabis should be accessible.
Full Article via Seedsman: https://blog.seedsman.com/more-americans-than-ever-support-legalization-of-recreational-cannabis